![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Saturday, July 12, 2003 I simply must say that today's Chorale practice has been one of the most significant or useful since, well, since prac restarted. For starters, it was long, which is rather ... encouraging (opposite of demoralising) considering how much time other choirs are spending on SYF. Secondly, it was actually enjoyable. TBS didn't lose his temper, at least not for periods longer than several minutes, and he really didn't have much reason to either because no section was astoundingly bad to merit, um, deserve such reprimand. Well, okay, the truth is that in concrete terms there really wasn't much improvement at all. But going back to Mate Saule (and to a lesser extent Iddemdem Malida) certainly evoked, um, reminiscence. And there was the fact that the second half of the practice was pretty much rubbish, with a failed attempt at choreography (because no one really had a clue about what to do), that Le Fleurs et Les Arbres and Crucifixus were flat over and over again, and that those bloody little RI kids kept interrupting. Bleh. What's more important is ... why do we keep going flat? Is it a particular section, or portion of the song? If only we knew, we'd be able to address the problems more effectively. Bah. Oh, and did I mention the fact that I went for an incredible jaunt stretching from Kinokuniya to Tower Records after prac? And completed it in the span of 4 hours, no less (as in, a short period of time). Which might contribute to my slightly improved mood today. I hear HPF has (or had) been hauled up by Winston Hodge ... and I can say that she pretty much had it coming. Anyone who's been in her lesson, or her clubs, or even heard her speak would know her incredible capacity to disparage, sometimes (though not in this case) without any evidence whatsoever. That's the disadvantage of having too wide a vocabulary, it seems. My stand is basically, the student who did not do his work well deserved a scolding, though not along the lines quoted in the newspapers, and the degree of scolding he deserves also depends on why he did not do well, as in he was lazy, tired, copied from someone or somewhere else or simply didn't know. I won't exactly say the guy with the handphone was right to capture the movie, though the incident should have been brought to the principal's attention, and recording the scene would have been the only way to provide some kind of concrete evidence. What I definitely disagree with is his decision to post the movie over the internet, which naturally created the furore which I expect will snowball ever larger in the next few days' time, and he ought to be punished for it. Not for bringing the school's name into disrepute (and it is not because I give a damn about the school's name, the Raffles family and all that), but rather because the matter could have been resolved without having it made known to the public. However, I have heard that some people have made complaints about HPF to Winston Hodge (and for that matter Lee Fong Seng as well) and nothing has come out of it, so perhaps the exposé was the only way of highlighting the degree of the problem. Anyway, the replies he gave, as quoted in the newspaper, sound very much like politically correct waffle to me (read, lies) so he needs a good disciplining. As to HPF herself, I shall not comment. The feelings are mutual. You might probably have noticed the "a" filling up a post below ... that's for a day when I felt particularly pleased with myself. Not for Maths, which was a fairly fortituous results, and besides I don't really care much for Econs. I was about to post something about how my computer was doing, about how I managed to keep my spirits up, whatever, but on that night I couldn't keep my eyelids open, so I didn't feel like writing it. Then the next day came the bombshell. A nuclear one. So, naturally, I was in no mood to fill up the post any more. Perhaps, now that my "animal" spirits (hehe) are picking up slightly, I might fill up that post so look back at it again in the future. Wait. Forget I said that. Touch wood! I still have the Literature and General Paper left to receive, not to mention the two S papers as well. Egad. posted by Charlotte | 4:47 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||