![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Sunday, August 24, 2003 Ah! Three weeks left to prelims! Wait, but I said that yesterday, so that means ... One less day left to prelims! Aargh *runs around screaming like "nearly-headless" chicken*! That above, irrelevant comment should give yet more insight as to my mental state ... that of gradually heightening panic, yet with the cynical realisation at the back of my mind that if I actually put in effort I would be able to get things done. Be glad that you're not me. Spent a large majority of the time today pondering what I would write on my personal statement. In my stupor, my mind somehow drifted back to our dear principal's first words to us, "begin with the end in mind", and I tried to work on from there. Unfortunately, after a while it became more like "my principal said begin with the end in mind, but just to spite him I shall begin with the beginning in mind ..." and then it grew yet more inane, so I scrapped the lot and several hours along with it. Only one more personal story worth relating ... today the only working TV in my house broke down. Heh, as interestingly enough at one point in time it was my pride that my family had four TVs all working at the same time. Having your TV break down evokes a great sense of loss, more than that of having your computer or something break down ... perhaps for several reasons. Firstly, TVs usually work, and computers usually don't ... Secondly, since my computer broke down recently and I lost so and so much information (seriously!) the taste of such loss is already imprinted (and already becoming bland) on my mind ... and thirdly, because if your computer breaks down the emotion coursing through you would more likely be that of fear rather than loss. Not for the first few hours, at least. Anyway, in this "IT" age, the TV has become, at least for the younger generation, the "entertainment of last resort". Most kids nowadays would only switch on the TV if they're tired of, or have nothing new to do on the computer. For the slightly older folks, like us, there was actually a time when the TV was our only entertainment and so it bears a kind of sentimental value. For the even older folks, like our parents ... they just switch on the radio and continue on happily. Anyway, it's not like I'm going to get bored or have nothing to do anytime soon, but the prospect of not having the TV there for me if I just want to see what's on, or watch the news, or some anime or so, is rather chilling. Brr. Go switch on your TV today. And revel in its technicolour glory. posted by Charlotte | 4:25 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||