Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Thursday, September 04, 2003  

A pretty hectic day, by everyday standards. And, considering that it was not "everyday" for us, that means a lot.

In my personal opinion, the GP paper was excellently set, all of the essay questions offering multiple approaches and perspectives and featuring a rather original theme for the comprehension passages. The questions, too, were not blatantly and outrageously easy nor mind-bending, though several such as the application were deceptively difficult, in that, given some thought, they were fairly doable. Good job, and congrats to the GP teachers. Now how about giving me an A1? =P I shall not talk about the GP paper itself specifically, mainly because I don't want to get engaged in drawn-out arguments with anyone else over the answers or whatever for any question or topic.
The rest of my day, it seems, was spent running around. Running to find Rolly, to tell him that Purvis had mysteriously moved his PC lecture up by one hour, cutting short our His S extra lessons (which it appears I alone had a desperate desire to see manifest), and he ended up cancelling the lesson, and especially more so after no one turned up for it anyway. After that, I had to run off to Purvis' talk on Cambridge universities, trying to allocate students to colleges. Ah, if only I had made up my mind ... now there are droves of miscellaneous "Science" characters I barely recognise jumping on the Queens' (they can't even spell it correctly) bandwagon. Sigh. They're all smarter than me, anyway ... sniff ... so there goes my dream.
That one day little black boys and girls will, uh, can't remember. Anyway, Purvis' lecture on conducting prose PC was fantastic, despite the nagging feeling that he'd done it all before. What was especially elucidating was his description of the various styles and techniques which are often used in prose. Hmm ... that has encouraged me to look through my novel again (I haven't really been doing so, ever since ... *sniffle*) to see whether there is actually some kind of unifying technique being utilised.
More running about came in the form of getting to my physiotherapy session, for which I was late and was most severely admonished. And it was partly my fault too, as on a whim I got off bus 111 to hop down to the British Council to look through the prospectus plural of various British universities. Finally, I had a tangle with a rather obese character on the MRT who staunchly refused to let anyone past him, despite it being rush hour. In my exasperation on him nearly preventing me from leaving at my stop, I cussed in my usual thespian fashion (along the lines of "damnation!" and "imbecile!") and was rather pleased to receive a reply which sounded like "sssstuu ...". I didn't hear the rest, but I assume he either meant "stupid!" or was shooting a bolt for my head but missed.

Huh. And now I need to race through my revision. There's only one week left, and I still have Hard Times, Silas Marner and microeconomics to look through. And one can never truly finish studying History, nor fully practice Mathematics. So much for study break.

posted by Charlotte | 4:55 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!