![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Monday, September 15, 2003 This is great. The first day of exams, and my right ring finger is sore (having cut the nail just a bit too deep), I really don't want to study any more, since my favourite subject (some might argue, both of them) is half over, and I'm finding a sudden desire to sleep at 9.30 pm despite the effort of any kind of caffeine source to keep me awake. As usual, I shall follow my policy of not explicitly discussing the papers ... although any History paper that manages to weave "Deutschland über Alles" into it is certainly beyond criticism, and it's not exactly possible to say that one maths question is better than the other so there you have my opinion. Next week it's Maths again, so there really isn't much to say about it. However, History Paper III which I declined to mention in my stupid (read, in a sense of stupor) posting yesterday was originally my bugbear, but thanks to our incredible teachers Mr. Liew, who knows everything there is to know about History this side of Kent Ridge, and Mr. Kwok, who says everything there is to be said about History this side of Kent Ridge, my understanding and grasp of paper III has improved immensely. Mr. Liew is always there to ask any questions or make any clarifications necessary about any aspect of Paper III, while in his expounding Mr. Kwok offers a multitude of insights and perspectives with regards to various issues and themes ... which engender questions in your head that you can go ask Mr. Liew later. The subject itself (rather than its teachers) is particularly fascinating due to its continuity and interconnectedness ... the world, and how it was shaped by ideology, new technology (i.e. Nuclear Weapons) and an international system of politics, economics and justice. Yar, so Mr. Liew has his eccentricities, and Mr. Kwok does tend to talk a bit too much but it seems they complement each other well. Which reminds me ... why don't they teach together, since they complement each other so well? Paper III is probably the only subject where the teachers can combine their efforts due to its interconnected nature ... Lit would involve a bit more reading than wanted on the part of the teachers, too many cooks spoil the broth in Math lesson and seeing monetarists and keynsians slug each other out (i.e. Reeves and Sowden) isn't exactly my idea of a helpful Econs lecture, though it would certainly be an entertaining one (Go Monetarists!). I like this idea of co-operative teaching ... perhaps one day when the school no longer has its hold over me I shall propose it (preferably to clowns like Wong Siew Hoong) and maybe it will become the next big thing. And poor Rolly is teaching Paper I all alone. Poor man. Now, he has approximately 240 scripts to mark, all by his lonely self. And, in a few more weeks time, he'll have an additional 100 scripts from the J1s. Perhaps he will contract Mr. Liew to mark some for him ... like he will ever agree (both of them)! It's all fun and laughter being a teacher ... except when you see those messily scribbled papers on your desk piling up, waiting to be marked. Good night, good bye! posted by Charlotte | 2:35 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||