Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Wednesday, October 22, 2003  

Oh great. No school tomorrow, because it's that time of the year when RJ's front of pretense is just that bit thicker than usual in order to attempt to lure prospective 11 A1 students from all over Singapore, as if they wouldn't already be coming. No school on Friday, because it's that time of the year when we light candles to chase some nasty demon away ... no, I am not afraid of candles! That means extra-long weekend. That means extra drear.

Oh well. My reading list for the "weekend" is
Europe 1880-1945 by John M. Roberts (who's a lecturer at Oxford university ...)
We Now Know by John Lewis Gaddis (who might well be a religious leader, judging from his cult following)
What is History by Edward Hewlett Carr (who's dead)
in preparation for the interviews on Tuesday. Oh, and A levels, of course! Did we forget?

Anyway, hot on the heels, um, figuratively, of the stuff I got from Cambridge the University of East Anglia, Norwich, has sent a request for me to submit some pieces of creative written work so that they can "consider my application". Ah. Oh well, I guess I shall make no pretense that I aim to be a fantasy writer since my posturing before CAP left me thrust into some dizzying realm of high-minded literary aristocracy with their head in the clouds, and left me dissatisfied and unfulfilled, although of course it was an enriching experience (and I managed to avoid the more repulsive supposedly acclaimed poets in the flock of them). Since I obviously do not want to feel such similarly for three whole years (since I want 3As, so I can get into Cambridge...) honesty is the best policy.

I think that thou art honest, and think that thou art not.
(So make up your damned mind already you blackfeller)

posted by Charlotte | 4:15 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!