Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Thursday, December 04, 2003  

Unfulfilled promises.
Tired, hungry and guilt-wracked. Nothing gets done.

I think I should go get a job or something, because now that I am being absolutely unproductive I might as well do something useful and earn money from something, like scouring streets with my tongue ... mmm, this is the amount of tar that accumulates in a smoker's lungs after a year (slurp).
More importantly, however, despite how much we may dream of a better utopian world money is here to stay, and to me, transactions in the real world boil down to one thing and that is money (unless you still engage in some primitive form of barter trade). Since emotions in me have just about been killed by turbulent childhood incidents, genetic engineering or merely by drowning in the wave of reality, I have always found money to be the best way to express my feelings because things are insincere unless they are tangible ... in my point of view, at least. Furthermore, you can't simply profess your feelings or (gasp) your love to just about anyone, barring that fact that you categorically do not love them, since they probably don't have the time or patience to deal with you or they live thousands of miles away and haven't the fondest idea of who you are.

Enter the dollar. Sure, it may not do as much (positively or negatively) for a person's emotional well-being as much as a well-crafted, handwritten letter but it is a display of support. Love cannot be counted or measured, as Lear found out all too late, but money can, and while money cannot buy feelings, it is probably the best substitute when it comes down to finding something to express yourself. Besides, with my relative dearth of experience in emotions beyond utter hatred, the convenience of money lends itself readily to me. Well, money works for hatred too ... if you know how to throw a coin properly ...

The main problem is how to make all that money. Which is why I should get a job. To people who say money is the root of all evil, I say give it to me and I will absolve you of your sins (because anyone loony enough to believe that money is evil will probably believe that I am the second coming of Christine or something).
The only catch comes with things that come free in life, like air and emotions. I would rather opt to pay.

posted by Charlotte | 3:22 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!