![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Monday, January 12, 2004 (5) I really can't decide... The savouring of such a memorable morning was not one fraught with other more pressing concerns, however, the most important of which was the cause of my finding myself concussed at the edge of a potentially treacherous precipice, with absolutely no recollection of my ever arriving there. One cannot rest, let alone immerse themselves in a pleasant experience of any sort, without a sense of security as to their physical and, consequently, their mental well-being. Charlotte, being of the nature of one who is inherently inquisitive, found the urge to determine her location and the cause thereof of lying there irresistable, and immediately set about doing as her instincts instructed her. The lush and tufty grass, the saline seaside breeze, the crash of waves mingled with the coarse cries of gulls, these were definitely not the familiar sights, smells and sounds of that home one always grows to take for granted. The elements which had once provided soothing relaxation now served a different purpose, as clues in Charlotte's great quest for orientation. I now carefully eased away from that precarious position I had unconsciously put myself into earlier (amazement as usual being the initiator of anomalies) and crept up onto my feet. Scanning the horizon with the surveilance of a sailor, the scenery provided little beyond the endless rolling of waves sweeping toward the shore. The sharpened spikes of the vacant ledge yawning before me were threatening as they should be, but again not an indicator or direction could be found. I whirled around, with the sudden realisation that not once since I awoke did I take a glance at the hinterland behind me. It was a verdant plain of grass without the slightest hint of despoiling about it, beyond the trodden ground where I had lain for, presumably, the night. Perhaps somewhere into the distance there was a road, and beyond that, a barn likely accompanied by cultivation and livestock. I eagerly craned my neck to catch a more precise glance of the objects in the distance, and lifted a hand to brush my hair, flailing in another gust of wind, out of my line of sight ... Of course, it was then that I was overcome with the sudden realisation that I had not stood up ever since I found myself lying on that flawless green. The wind caught me and my dress, and with the automatic sweep of my other hand to hold it down I quickly and unconsciously lost that sixth sense which we not only take for granted but often fail to mention, the sense of balance. Without having time to even wave my arms furiously I was thrust backward onto the ground, a ground which I helplessly felt slipping from beneath me. Downfall is often not due to carelessness, but rather oversight in an attempt to be meticulous. The piercing scream was ripped from my throat by the wind as I found myself grasping what little earth I could, while the teeth of bloody impalation shone below me. Shining, like the star their tips would swiftly extinguish. - more likely than not, your adventure ends here! - Um, I guess that was an investigative thriller of some kind. Then again, since most people don't look beyond the immediate situation at hand I certainly don't have much experience in this kind of stuff. Ah ... my poor aching head. (P.S. It looks like I've failed my Geography ... normally I wouldn't give a damn, since I don't take the subject, but when you're writing something or others it can be really embarrassing. In the morning, the wind blows from the land to the sea, since the land is cold due to continentality and the sea is warm, and wind blows from a place of high pressure to low pressure. Oh sigh. Anyway, Shakespeare failed Geography too. He thought Bohemia was somewhere near the sea ...) posted by Charlotte | 3:00 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||