Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Sunday, January 25, 2004  

- The Wayward, Part II -

So, here I was following a strange unknown creature in a scientist's coat, who did not say a word or even eke out the slightest noise beyond those caused by its interaction with nature, the wind in its clothing or its coattails brushing against the grass. Mysteriously enough was its seemingly unflinching confidence that I was following it, because not for a moment did it turn back the hood of its robe to gaze at me and hopefully afford me a better glimpse of just what was under it. Even worse, however, was the possibility it had no need to do that. That it was already sensing me and my presence.
I fondled the ring the creature had dropped in my hands as I followed it, heading up the road and away from the cliff and the farm, with might just be my last encounter with civilisation before I met a gruesome and untimely end. By the size of the gem it probably wasn't particularly valuable, however, it was pretty enough to merit a favourable appraisal. It had fallen so effortlessly from, what, the hood of the creature, such that it didn't look like a gift, nor did it seem deliberately discarded. It was almost as if its former bearer had not been aware of its presence. What creature was this that was so non-covetous as to carelessly disregard such an item?
On and on it travelled, not speaking or looking back. As it encountered the tarred road, however, it seemed to hesitate, as if unsure of whether to cross it, but without too much consideration it merely passed over it, awkwardly travelling half on the road and half off it. And, in the morning light, it became increasingly obvious that the creature seemed to be leaving a trail of wetness on the blackness of the tar, like some massive snail. I felt sorely tempted to rip its clothes off its being, or to dip a finger onto the moisture to examine it, but not-too-quickly forgotten memories of the rude shock the creature had first given me quickly discouraged me from doing so.
The potentially threatening barbed-wire fences of the farmland gave way to the bleakness of scattered grass, as my puzzlement gave way to sheer curiosity.Was it leading me back to its lair, where it could leap upon me and devour me at its own leisure? Not likely, since considering its mediocre speed I could probably outrun it if I wished. Was it leading me into an ambush, whereupon I would be set upon by bounty hunters to claim whatever riches out of me they could? Possibly, but that explains neither the irregular nature of the creature, its seemingly liquiform and unnatural non-desirious behaviour, nor the use of so unreliable a bait as curiosity alone. If anything, what kept me going was the encounterance of a creature stranger than myself, of whose mystery I found more intriguing than as to the cause of my own presence at that mysterious precipice.
But now, that curiosity was beginning to weaken, to be supplanted by another, similarly powerful curiosity as to just what extent of power that creature held over me. I had walked far enough being fed only mysteries and not answers. Am I going to test it?

Close your eyes and pick one :
13. That's it, I'm out of here!
14. Umm ... maybe that's not a good idea.

posted by Charlotte | 3:37 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!