![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Saturday, January 03, 2004 Yeah, well, as much as I despise the concept of the "New Year", it's pretty obvious that things have changed. People have started going to school, or started working more seriously than usual (no more excuses of late night partying, perhaps?) so I guess it's time to be a bit more conscientious with the time I spend rotting until the results come out. Make sure that the rot grows evenly on each side, add water, and turn every now and then. Anyway, I've certainly said this before but I think I shall get a job at SPH ... some kind of editing or freelance journalism would be what I'm looking for, not the menial task of being a stationery-toting intern (though certainly that would have to be one of the stages). Hopefully, either my wit, creativity, or mindless perseverence with everything except life can carry me through. It's all big talk, since I have obviously not done any research onto it at all, but I do have a few good ideas I could share. The only requirement is that I have to enjoy whatever it is, otherwise I will end up spending more than my wage on excessive lunches and dinners just to console my shuddering heart. I can't say that I've always been a writer, though in my opinion it's the only productive thing (if "art" is considered productive) I can do well. Perhaps it stems from my dissatisfaction for the writing of many other people past and present, or an inability to elocute thoughts into spoken words. Although I most certainly do have several projects already on me, perhaps injecting some regularity, or incentive, into my writing "career" can help to spur it. Or shut it off forever. This is more to remind myself, but if anyone seriously cares, here's a list of the stuff I'm currently engaged in writing in order of importance. 1. My fantasy novel, which is on the third part out of four although the first two need serious rewriting having been scribbled before JC. Haven't started ever since the computer crashed, and that's because I can't bring myself to attempt to write exactly what was written before, nor to write it in a different yet equally satisfactory way. Still trying to motivate myself over this, though the time will ... must come! 2. Orihon's story, which I admit has slipped me ever since I lost control of my own story. I've got the idea already on me, but due to it having been repeatedly postponed due to competition, exams and stuff, it's worn dry and I need to think about it much more. For the delay, please blame me because I know it's my fault. 3. Some short scribbles over what is supposed to be a prelude to the present story I've written. I thought that if I had difficulty continuing immediately, perhaps it would be better to write about something related so that I wouldn't forget about it, yet also not feel disinclined to turn back to the original story (never!). But that's all I have, scribbles and ideas, and starting something over is really hard so there's nothing on this yet. 4. My attempt to write a short story, which is basically about a group of people playing D&D ... or some other RPG, not explicitly mentioned to avoid irking Wizards of the Coast. I tried leaping back into this recently and although the plot is thin and the jokes are lamer than the usual, in my opinion that's the essential flaw of a short story compared to a novel. Though certainly the jokes could be improved. Sigh ... but with progress, at least! If I don't (or won't) get a job, there are also some other stuff I would like to do besides writing. But since I can't do anything else, it would be a learning process. I'd like to learn how to draw in an anime style, without having to blindly copy off pictures of generic characters (they sell "How to Draw Anime" in Japanese? I thought they were all born wih that skill!), and even at that I can't copy them well. Perhaps, if I could illustrate my stories, I could get more into the mood of it all. I guess I'd also like to improve my knowledge of Japanese so if I know I have the time, maybe I might even sign up for a Japanese course, a real one, not the kind that just teaches you the basic articles of conversation (wakarimashita ne! sou da.) I would do other things, like learn a musical instrument, only that it has to be one that can fit in my room (and thus consequently do not own) so that I can practice without irritating the neighbours. All in all, if I do anything, I'd like to get some tangible reward for it so I guess in whatever I do, I have to maximise revenue and minimise expenditure. I guess there's nothing I can really bank on, so, like everyone else who believes in the "New Year", I suppose it's time to get serious. posted by Charlotte | 3:23 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||