Friday, February 20, 2004
I know this comes a bit early, seeing as to how I haven't written the stuff before (since above and below don't make sense) this, but I just thought that I should post it now, since it's in my head. Here, in my opinion, is a picture of the person whom I consider to be the absolute best-dressed character in all things Final Fantasy ... the not-so-humble Time Mage from Final Fantasy Tactics! Yay!
Available from any good FFT site with image downloads.
Image edited to remove an ugly-looking border.
Of course, I'm referring to the girl here, if that wasn't already obvious. For starters, that is the best-looking dress, in my opinion, of any character in any FF, no puffy shoulders to get in the way and no stupid corsets to enhance what isn't exactly important in the field of battle at the expense of your mobility. The only excesses in this splendid dress are the laces, which are so intricate the weaver (or the machine, whatever) must have spent ages on them. The cap is a nice touch too, although it does provide an easy target for enemy ranged attackers to aim at. Well. It doesn't look the best thing for running around in but for raising your arms to drop some nasty spells on your enemy, nothing can look better. I want one ... *whimper*.
And I really love her hair ... it looks so nice and pleasant, the forelocks rolling forth from under the cap, kind of like a certain dragon-girl's but a bit longer. And, judging by the length of her hair, she probably does have something to fill up that cap of hers unlike the boy's, whose cap is empty and is thus fairly redundant. Hmm ... looks like having beautiful locks rolling all down your back isn't exactly the best, all the time. The characters' faces are almost exactly the same as those you see as the portrait in the game, only with fewer colours and with the angles and points of view changed a little.
She looks ... sweet, I guess. Right now, that's really what I want to dress like for ... some important function where you have to dress nicely. Like a prom, I guess, but I intend to ignore all of those for the rest of my life, and I can't think of another similar function right now. But enough of that. Here she is in SD battle form.

Time Mage. Required jobs : Wizard Level 2.
"Land of lives, suppress all rebels! Don't move!"
The guy is wearing something similar but I think I prefer the lace to those pagan stars around the sleeves and the hem. The small mantle is a nice touch too, although it would be nicer with a bow than a buckle on it. And he seems to be wearing a balaclava that hides his hair, so he looks more airy-headed ... possibly even like a knight in chainmail who just put on a robe and a cap on his head. But the time mages are the best looking characters in FFT, in my opinion.
Maybe I just like FFT characters because, as fans repeatedly point out, they have no noses. Heh. In primary school, I used to think that the nose was the ugliest thing you could have on your face, and the ugliest fact was that everyone had one. This belief of mine was quickly dispelled several years later when I realised that people with no noses (yes, thanks to several gory post-operation photographs in science journals) looked very hideous indeed, and of course there was the simple logical realisation that if a nose was not in the centre of your face, where would it be? Well, yes, presumably it could be somewhere else but I don't think I want to imagine anyone with a nose somewhere else than on their faces. But the small noses of anime characters naturally appealed to me, noses being just a triangle or even just a line and not the great hideous cavernous monstrosities they are in real life, and now FFT has characters with no noses at all! So you can look good without a nose! Er, not that I want to try, of course, as though I dislike noses they are necessary evils and thus are best left where they are.
I think I shall conclude my adoring review for the girl time mage from FFT here. Sigh ... *rests head on hands, and sighs adoringly*, I want that dress ... Anyway, I should also end here so as to avoid being dragged into stupid nose puns. Anyway, everyone nose all the jokes there are, so there shouldn't be a need to sniff around for them. Really! They all smell, I tell you. I think that's a niff for now.
Scroll down to see the stories which should be there, but may not be written yet.
posted by Charlotte |
3:51 pm
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7
|