![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Monday, February 16, 2004 Yes, this is the customary break between sets of stories, where I shall just ramble on about something ... anything ... still worth commenting on which I haven't given my two millions' worth of already. Er, two millions of rupiah, perhaps. And also, to eat up some unfilled posts because yes, though the fact is that I post everyday, the only thing that really means is that I pay attention to this everyday. Hey, that's better than a lot of other people (though certainly not as good as some others). Hmm, being currently unemployed and not seeking work (so I'm not on the graphs, don't bother looking), I guess it might be nice to share my schedule with all those other people who are wistfully thinking of those good old days when they could sit around doing nothing. Here goes. Monday, Wednesday, Friday : Wake up 8-9am, putter around on computer until 8-9pm, eat something, take a bath, post. Tuesday and Thursday : See above, except going out for lunch at 2+, so I actually have two meals a day! Saturday : See above, except probability of lunch is inversely proportional as to whether my family goes out for dinner. Sunday : See above, except probabilities of lunch and dinner are reversed. Wow, that was easy, wasn't it? Don't you wish that you were as pathetic and useless as I am? Well, of course you don't, because if you do I seriously doubt your parents have ever worked a day in their lives. Why all this dallying and retardation? Because I can't get off the computer, enjoying the wonderful stuff created by other people, to spend more time creating something of my own (trouble? confusion? misery?), which basically means I spent too much time playing RPGs. Bleh. I do recall (not more than half a year, but it seems so far away) that I used to enjoy real-time strategy, with stuff like Warcraft, Starcraft and Command and Conquer, but ... I don't know. Maybe I'm just afraid of the real challenge of RTS which is the multiplayer, having never played a legitimate, competitive game online in my life even though that is the very essence and selling point of RTS. I have The Frozen Throne, and so far have spent less than 5 hours on it. I didn't touch the Generals expansion Zero Hour ever since it appeared on the shelves months ago. Closer to the RPG genre, the last thing I was playing before Final Fantasy came into my life was Neverwinter Nights, but since then I haven't picked up the latest expansion (which I happened to be waiting expectantly for, until ...) Hordes of the Underdark. A changing spectrum of interests, huh? I do recall, again, how several years ago I gave up simulation games for good after Maxis' most profitable, and most ridiculous creation came out, The Sims. Hmm ... I wonder why they got acquired by EA. And then all of the other good games, like SimCity, started to revolve more and more around those little buggers who play out real life on your computer and then the whole simulation genre (by Maxis-turned-EA's subsidiary) lost its point. And if you write me a huge letter telling me how the Sims is the best game ever in the world, I will understand that you're arguing on a reasonable level but I will forever think you are a supremely deluded moron who obviously lives a charmed life, seeing as to how you actually find joy in playing out real life on the computer when you could actually go out, live it, and find out how hard it is. Heh. Why do kids (well, most kids) enjoy computer games while adults (well, most adults) don't? Maybe it's just the slow but gradual understanding that you can't go on living other lives forever but you actually have to go out into the real world and live one. And you know what? I think I'm just too cowardly to live life in the 'real world', and since I don't look forward to it how much does it matter if I never do live it? And, weaning myself away from the lives created by others, I will (or should, seeing as to how everything is uncertain) create a life for myself, away from the one that has been thrown in my face. Escapist, yes, but that's life. What lousy irony. Some people in life are escapist, and try as you might you can't do anything about that, so you might as well let them suffer by themselves. Blah blah blah. Enough of this ranting about games, we don't want that (the ranting, not the games ... hehe). Maybe I simply must say that the Chorale chalet I attended from Friday to Saturday night was, in my opinion, the absolutely most enjoyable ... excursion ('camp'? I don't think so.) I have attended in my life. It wasn't the most well-planned one, but it was one where everyone was given room for them to enjoy themselves as they wished. And, when the J2s were so kind as to prepare heaps upon heaps of sandwiches, painstakingly created by hand, for everyone's breakfast, I couldn't help but reminisce on my own time as a 'senior', and the callous, self-serving way I went about everything, and realise that sometimes, it really does feel nice to do things for other people for a change. Unfortunate that it only applies to people I know or am affiliated to to a certain extent. To pass compliments would be an injustice, so I shan't do more than give them my best regards. Right now, I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics, and I absolutely declare that while it's not by the exact same people who made all the numbered FFs, I found the story to be immensely more thought-provoking, the topics more controversial, and the gameplay more challenging than any other. And it's bloodier as well. The lack of an obvious love interest for our darling protagonist helps as well. The only thing I haven't found it to be so far is saddening. Shocking, yes, but not so far as to push you off the cliff of your eyelid. That is all. Back to work, for you and for me. posted by Charlotte | 3:27 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||