![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Friday, April 23, 2004 Missed a post ... fell ill with the gastric flu again. Is that the only kind of illness I get nowadays? Eheh, touch wood, but you would expect some variety in the diseases that you have a high variety of contracting more than once. That excludes all seriously nasty afflictions like AIDS, cancer, arterosclerosis and acute muscular dystrophy because it's unlikely that you'll survive past the first bout of it, assuming that you can actually survive it. Argh! Gastric flu, a most wasteful disease. I say that because gastric flu does what it does, makes you expel the contents of your digestive system, which might once have been edible matter, in either direction. Regurgitation or diarrhoea, and either way, it's a waste of good food (that you paid good money for!) just to expel it before you get to digest it. And since we're not ruminants, not cows or rabbits, we don't find particular joy in attempting to re-consume such horribly mutilated matter. Don't tell me if you do. Please don't. Anyway, I confess that I hardly wrote for most of today, because having a spinning head doesn't make it very comfortable to gaze at electric lighting of any sort. Instead, deciding to indulge in some rather flippant endeavour, I attempted to draw a picture. Just a person. I call it "Don't just smile". Not a bad attempt, if I say so myself, it's just that it's really difficult to draw hands. I can't do it ... too difficult. Now you know why all those animators make cartoon characters with only a thumb and three fingers. I definitely need to filch one of those 'how to draw *whatever*' books from somewhere ... but I could do without the shame of anyone seeing me borrow it. I really love (did I say how much I love?) the Tactics art ... everyone has no nose! It's also not particularly difficult to reproduce it, judging from the wealth of FFT fan art on the internet. You don't even need to shade parts of people's faces differently (when colouring) to make people look good with no nose. I believe it, cartoon characters look better with no nose, and if only we hadn't got used to the idea of people having massive, bloated protuding peaks of noses we'd all love flat and nonexistent noses. The only faults in cartooning with no nose (based on my evaluations of FFT fanart) are that characters' faces seem to be oversized due to the larger space between eyes and mouth, this can be compensated by enlarging the characters' hair (as done in FFT itself) or simply cutesying up the whole character (as seen in most humorous fanart). If one wants to avoid either of these 'solutions', the other problem that presents itself is the limited perspective by which you can draw a no-nosed character without making it look too bloated, and that means artists are limited to 3/4 (as opposed to full-faced) portraits and less. Other artists simply add a small line or triangle for the nose, the most common option among the great majority of people, who have not discovered the joy of cartooning with no nose. Today someone told me that I should get to like some boys. I told him to get stuffed. We needn't have talked, it seems that all we did was say the same thing to each other. posted by Charlotte | 4:14 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||