Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Saturday, April 17, 2004  

Not true, actually. That last comment about waking up happy if you go to sleep happy. Not true at all ... *grumbles* ... lousy weather. But, thinking and reminiscing about all those spurts of irrational exuberance that overtake us every now and then was enough to restore that feeling of elation, if only for a very short while before the bloody weather caught up with me. I really should go to live in Britain. They hate their weather, and they love our weather. I hate our weather, and I love their weather. Enough said? At least my first topic of conversation upon meeting anyone isn't 'So how's the weather?'
I discovered many interesting things today, like, for example, that if you go to Orchard Road and intend to stay there for at least a quarter of a day, you should bring thirty dollars at least. And that's even if you are thrifty (unless you're the weird, home-schooled type who brings boxed lunches everywhere you go ...). Because, after I saw my only ten dollar note swallowed up in the big General Ticketing Machine of No Return, I was officially a pauper. Well, of course, I could go home, but that defeats the point of topping up one's card at Orchard MRT, doesn't it? Saving every cent of that approximately ten dollars that was left me meant that I had just enough money for a large soft drink, a comic, a cup of food centre drink and a bowl of noodles.
Well, in truth, I had sixty-one cents left over, but that was because I incorrectly remembered the price of noodles as $4 rather than $3.50. Adding in a wasted ten cents that I had to use to call home to see if they were coming to Orchard Road to finance my extravagant ... I mean, to eat dinner, and deducting that extra fifty cents, I would be left with exactly twenty-one cents, exactly the same amount which I ended my day with that fateful day which was utterly terrible. But then again ... (etc.) The point is, if you're going to travel to a place where things are expensive, make sure you increase proportionally the amount of money you bring along.

Naturally, dropped by the library again. Returned Treasure Island by Robert Louis "John" Stevenson, and borrowed Comte de Monte-Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Why do I keep picking up these massive French novels when I know that I'll never finish reading them before the due date comes around? I have no idea ... perhaps just to leave them on my desk and look like I've been dwelling in literature. Also, I read a rather interesting book about zodiac signs, 'Fun with Astrology', where its most amusing feature was drawing everything out in comics, with funny cartoons like each zodiac sign duffing up whoever they were incompatible with and so on. And it's by a local author. How funny ...

posted by Charlotte | 4:41 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!