Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Thursday, April 15, 2004  

We're friends, aren't we?

Um ... right. As you can see, I just happened to realise that in my quest for yet more FFT entertainment, I could actually go about looking for it on the internet through any reliable and popular search engine, and I've come across a wealth of stuff which is absolutely guaranteed to keep me amused for quite a long period of time. As you can see from the doujinshi excerpt above.

As one might expect, Ramza is quite the popular person when it comes to pairings in fan fiction. Since there is no canon pairing for Ramza despite the last chapter being titled 'Someone to Love', it is only natural that the crazed fan authors come up with something to address that gap which the game designers so tantalisingly chose to left empty. It also appears that Ramza is a candidate for many yaoi pairings, supposedly on the basis that he's drawn like a girl. Is he? I never thought that way until reading about it on the internet. I thought Cloud was supposed to be the butt of 'girly-man' jokes in FFT, seeing as to how he's the only male character who can wear ribbons ("Ooo ... Miss Cloud ..."). The only thing 'wrong' with Ramza's appearance, to me, is that he wears really silly trousers, and even that is for only a quarter of the game.
I've always found yaoi to be pretty repulsive to me, mainly because I find two guys taking their clothes off together to be rather ... um ... disturbing, but now I seem to find it enjoyable in FFT, reading fanfiction, looking at fanart and stuff. Is it because they keep their clothes on (the more likely case), or because when you like something enough, be it Harry Potter or Anime or American comics, and you're actively seeking for more of it, and you're not a die-hard canon supporter, you find it all interesting and amusing? Haha. But that's where I draw my line, it's just amusing, and I don't actively support or encourage it in any way. It's just funny. I seem to take great pride in the fact that my favourite games (FF6 and FFT, naturally) all contain no pairings, or at least none that are immediately obvious, within the scope of the game, as far as the designers planned it. Taking into account the final scene of the game, Delita and Ovelia don't count.
Notice how the Japanese fan people who draw all these doujinshi seem to be particularly adept at scribing Ramza to ladylike proportions, to the extent that yuri favourite Agrias is usually significantly larger-sized than he is, poor Ramza being dominated without exception in every yaoi pairing. In straight pairings, Ramza is drawn more like a kid since he's often portrayed to be inept at anything other than 'divine justice' ... and he usually ends up getting dominated as well.
For that matter, in the game, only three characters that appear, Ovelia, Alma, Teta and Rafa, all girls, are always younger than he is, or rather, that he can be. He can only be the same age as Delita (Sagittarius), Algus (Virgo), and Izlude (Gemini), all guys, and all incompatible with each other. Mustadio and Malak (again, both guys) are one year older, and Agrias and Meliadoul (again, both girls) are several years more, and they are utterly incompatible. Which means immense potential for all those romance-filled 'high school' fan fiction.
And did I mention that FFT characters are probably the best looking of those in any FF game I've played? They have no noses!

If you like the job system in Final Fantasy and you're feeling really bored, you might want to try this out. Four (slightly) different quizzes which may give you eerily similar results.
Final Fantasy Classes Quiz
My results? I got Oracle, Samurai (x2) and Assassin (Celia). Very similar ...

posted by Charlotte | 4:47 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!