Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Tuesday, May 25, 2004  

Ah, at last! I have finally discovered what it is about the new Blogger layout which causes me such great difficulty when I write, and it is none other than the incredible amount of empty space filled with intense whiteness that renders concentration impossible! Well, all right, fine, there are more things on it than a new page in Microsoft Word, but at least, once I (eventually) start on Microsoft Word, the page fills up quickly, and the writing's in a font which I like (for those not in the know, Goudy Medieval). That is why it's so hard to begin any piece of writing! That's why most people mess up the introductions in their essays! That's why people sit around and don't do anything, because it's so difficult to start in the first place!
Um, that was out-of-point. I guess, if you're motivated enough, and there's enough of an incentive (or enough of a threat) to get you started off, you can do anything. In the metaphorical sense of the phrase, that is. And I did say how much I treasured being able to read my previous posts at the same time as working on another one.

My library books were due today, so I trooped down to the Marine Parade Regional library for a little switch and change. The new books I've borrowed need no revealing, since I'll probably put up a review once I'm done with them (and I liked them). An interesting story I found was the original story of Shrek, by William Steig, about a big green ogre with trumpet-like ears (bearing much resemblance to the character on screen) who ventures out into the world bearing an intense hatred for all that is good and happy, whereupon he embarks on a quest to rescue a cursed princess living in a faraway castle, while assisted by an unusual 'jabbering jackass' of a talking donkey. Sounds similar, a little, if you leave out all the parodies of other fairy tales and all the references to popular culture ... the essence is there, of the maligned anti-hero who accomplishes a textbook deed in an unorthodox manner, leading to an unusual ending. Does this catch your interest?
Well, it's a book written for pre-schoolers, actually. This William Steig is actually a great writer of tales for little children, because his stories take up the majority of the already bursting 'STE' section under the pre-schoolers section. So, all credit to the directors for their originality in making the movie the great success it is, but it was the imagination and creativity of an otherwise ordinary story-book writer who started it off. It's another example of how, by just doing what you love, you can be successful too!

And what was Charlotte doing in the pre-schoolers section? Um, my infantile mind is currently unable to give an answer. Uwaa!!

posted by Charlotte | 4:16 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!