![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Saturday, May 01, 2004 Hey! It's a public holiday today, and I'm sure you all know why it's a public holiday! It's one to celebrate, because it's all for a good cause, and that cause happens to be because it's the day after Charlotte ... *whack* And why do we celebrate Christmas? It's because someone special was born that we celebrate it. In fact, it commemorates the 239th day after Charlotte ... *senseless hammering* Right. Anyway, on with the show! Today's topic, Current Affairs! Part II : Current Affairs "In other words, the status I'm in right now, what I'm currently in the midst of, under what conditions I happened to have undergone this most remarkable milestone in the history of this world. Or maybe it's because most of you haven't seen me for ages (not years, unfortunately) and you're probably curious at what I'm doing, or perhaps you miss your old source of comic relief, taking the mickey out of me any opportunity you get. So here's your chance! Presenting, yours truly!" Current Age : 19. And one day. Aw, come on! You didn't need me to tell you that! Marital Status : Divorced. From reality. Or just take it that I'm single and I'm looking in all the wrong places. Employment Status : Unemployed. Or I could say that I'm currently undergoing an intensive self-improvement training course on authorship involving full-time ground level practice, but that would be gilding my lily. And besides, it's a patent lie. Academic Qualifications : A level graduate, somehow. But it feels good knowing that two years of your effort was well spent in ensuring that others hold you in a higher regard than you would be viewed before embarking upon this. Language Capability : English. British English. Roight, and that be the Queen's English to ye! And Chinese, too, but I'm horribly out of touch, being barely capable of writing more than a few sentences despite being able to read and converse in it with a fair degree of aptitude. Still embarking on learning Japanese by means of simply reading it and listening to it more, through conveniently entertaining mediums such as watching anime and reading games, though I shall only go for formal lessons in university. Trying hard to increase my knowledge of British vocabulary, and in the process find an accent that most suits me so I can dump the dead, expressionless Singaporean murmurings for something more sprightly. Other more human-interest questions? Hmm ... perhaps it should be protoplasm-interest instead. Current studies : None, since the A levels was last year and I'm currently waiting to go to university. Or not. I really haven't the faintest idea whether I shall accept my current offers or simply apply again (thanks to my atrocious Prelims results). Currently holding an unconditional offer from University of York (formerly BBB, which is really low) and a conditional offer of AAA (met!) from University of Durham, for history, of course. Current reading : If you're referring to something I read regularly, the closest thing to it outside of the Straits Times and the New Paper (when I have the opportunity) it would be Kids Company magazine. Hey, did you know I'm registered as a member of Kids Central Kids' Club? I used to subscribe to the Economist but found it distasteful after a while due to the rather severely opinionated writing ... to acquire information, I'd rather read expository writing than argumentative ones because I don't want my opinions skewed by what I've read. The book I'm reading right now is Waiting for Godot, a tragicomedy in two acts by Samuel Beckett. It. is. absurd, and I don't intend to understand it, much less review it. And if I'm terribly bored (or feeling extremely narcissistic) I'll read whatever I wrote, since it's written in the style that I like to read the most ... *chuffed*. Current watching : Since I'm not a television addict, I don't watch any show in particular on a consistent basis. Sometimes, if I'm really bored, I'll switch on the TV for a while but otherwise I prefer to stare at it in the blank. The last show I followed consistently was the Great Science Challenge on Channel 5 at 7.30pm Wednesdays, mainly because I'd like to see how much of that science I still remember after two long years of distance from it and I'm pleasantly surprised to say that I know more than most of the people on the show ("Hmm, what's the sixth planet from the sun, eh?"). Anyway, it's the only competitive event between schools that has been screened on a major channel at prime time so far, excepting Who Wants to be a Millionaire schools' challenge. The last show that I really would have thrown down everything to ensure that I didn't miss it was Ranma ½ on AXN at 7.00pm (and 11.00am and 4.00pm) on weekdays, ending the third week of January. Current listening : I don't listen to the radio, and I don't follow any artist, so this is possibly a blank. However, I do have a very sizable collection of Slayers music CDs (which means that it is legal for me to own the MP3s!) and several more from Ranma ½. However, I rarely listen to them, because I can't work with any concordant sounds going on about me, like people talking and singing (which explains why I function best alone, or at most with one other person), though I do listen if I'm tired or just trying to laze around. My playlist now is several tracks of MIDIs of music from FFT, my favourite being most of the story battle music, it gives me a boost of energy if I want a smile, but unfortunately fills my head full of endless rambling about FFT and that means I won't be able to work for several hours thereafter ... a hangover, perhaps? Current playing : I have a computer ("No, I don't! I had to trot down to the nearest cybercafe and pay an extorbitant price to write this!") and I have a PlayStation (One) on loan from my cousin. The games I'm currently playing are Final Fantasy Tactics for the PlayStation, naturally, since I blab about it and keep playing it over and over although I've already won it four times and clocked several hundred hours, and Tactics Ogre : The Knight of Lodis for the GameBoy Advance, suitably emulated on the computer (Don't sue me, Nintendo! Please! I confessed, didn't I?) for some variety on the Tactics theme. Uncompleted games which I have an intention of eventually resuming are Final Fantasy VI for the PlayStation in Japanese where I stopped half-way through, mainly to preserve Kefka's epic rant on board the floating continent (Da-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ai Kirai!) and Chrono Trigger for the SNES (Nintendo again! *whimper*) emulated, where I'm stuck because I'm a lousy gamer. Games I have but are barely touched (and I intend to play some time) are Neverwinter Nights : Hordes of the Underdark and Warcraft III : The Frozen Throne for the PC, and Final Fantasy X on loan but I don't have a PlayStation 2. As you can see, I don't intend to buy any games for a very long time ... I'll just download ... oops. Current writing : My ongoing first-person novel C______ M______, blanked out in the same style which French novellists all enjoy using. It's titled, so I don't need suggestions (or comments) about it, and no, it does not stand for Charlotte's Madness. Charlotte does not put in an appearance, not even a cameo one, unfortunately. What I'm (supposed to be) posting on this site regularly, my first-person kind of choose-your-own-adventure story, which, if you read this site, you'll know what the titles are. An untitled third-person chain novel with good friends (formerly) from the Creative Writing Club, which I'm in the midst of revising, because it's my turn, as it has been for the past four months ... gibber *trembles*. Also in the midst of writing, but which I have difficulty continuing, is my third-person short story about Roleplaying in RJC, which I've written quite a few pages but have problems continuing because I realise how impossibly difficult it is to give character to an entire class, unless, of course, you're basing it off one you have intimate knowledge of. So that's four. Current affairs : Mmm? Don't worry, darling, there's always room in my heart for you ... *bats eyelashes*. Yes, bat's eyelashes. Also, add eye of newt and toe of frog. And some nose of Turk and Tartar's lips, and a liver of a blaspheming Jew. Fillet of a fenny snake, in the cauldron boil and bake. Cool it with a baboon's blood, and then my charm is well and good. - ends all double entendre, and this whole entry (whoops!), for that matter - posted by Charlotte | 4:47 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||