Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Friday, May 21, 2004  

Yay! At last ... I finally completed my first 'chapter' ever since Blogger had its 'makeover'. If you do have a site that's running on blogger, my arduous difficulties and ordeals under the new design should need no explaining ... unless, of course, you actually like the new design, in which case I'm unlikely to find your opinion very valuable, for that matter. Some people complain about the font size, some people complain about the colour scheme, but what I absolutely loathed was the inability to display two posts, the one that you are typing, and one written previously, such that you are able to doublecheck and to cross-reference. And that makes it difficult to continue things between posts, even if the posts are few and far between like my writing ...

What I do like, however, is the search function, where you may search for anything you have written previously, to look up some obscure word or phrase which you might have utilised rather recently. And while I haven't used this feature yet, I can expect myself to find it very helpful the next time I'm seeking to dig up ancient history ... or at least ensure that I don't contradict previous posts when writing my story.
The recent post is much longer than usual, which largely arose out of my incompatibility with the scroll bar, and since I would usually rather write more than less that translates to a lengthening of posts but rest assured that the space is occupied by most valuable material. Ahem. Perhaps I should dub Part XI the particularly scandalous section, even more so than usual.

Meanwhile, regarding daily life, I took my little sister out to watch Shrek 2, when I initially believed that it was to be released on Thursday. All movies are released on Thursday, aren't they? Or is this just to cash in on the raised weekend prices, seeing as to how it is bound to be a sellout on its first day? Nevertheless, I enjoyed the movie, but I shall not provide a movie review of any kind because I absolutely detest the things, ruining your experience of the movie before you even get to watch it (um, isn't that the point?) by contorting your impressions and your opinions, unlike my book reviews which deal with texts written ages ago, of which numerous reviews have already been published, and since I usually read the more familiar 'classics' an exposition of the intrigues of their plot and characters should not be totally new to anyone familiar with the world of literature.
Anyway, go watch it if you liked the first movie ... despite other (horrible, abhorrent, distasteful) movie reviews which claim that you need to be familiar with popular culture to appreciate it, I, as the intellectual hermit, was still able to catch the vast majority of the allusions and parodies. And remember when I mentioned that flash movie of 'Final Fantasy A+' as providing an original take on the nature of Final Fantasy? There's a similar stroke of genius featured in this movie which most people won't be able to grasp until they're on the way home from the movie theatre, as I was. Go watch it.

This post was typed in the time span of 10 minutes, at an average distance of 0.75m away from the computer monitor, without the use of my spectacles. It's amazing what a little bit of thought beforehand, and the freedom of callousness with regard to the use of your language, can do to your writing speed. But writing fiction is never that way.

posted by Charlotte | 4:33 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!