![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Wednesday, July 07, 2004 I just read a Socialist appraisal of the Wizard of Oz written by some strange twisted (American!) Commie bastard called Jack Zipes. Yeah, well, it does make sense ... if you follow every bit of analysis he instructs you on, but please for heaven's sake you don't need to drag a perfectly innocent piece of children's fiction into the gutter along with your filthy perverse deluded idealism which goes utterly contrary to any of the laws of nature, man or economics. I'm not saying that I deny that authors inevitably weave their opinions on not just politics but any controversial issue into their writing (a habit which characterises my own writing, for that matter), but I'm sure that converting innocent young children into picket-wielding Socialist revolutionaries was one of the last intentions on L. Frank Baum's mind. Well, given that the reviewer is not twisting the author's words to support his socialist ideology but rather explaining how the author's writing evinced his own belief in a higher form of socialist utopia, I should instead be glad that if transforming the next generation of young readers into Socialist vermin was indeed one of L. Frank Baum's intentions, then it was not a very successful attempt at all. I hate Communists. I hate Socialists. I hate welfare or social justice or the imposition of egalitarianism of any kind. You know that if you know me. Then again, I also hate democracy, and I hate human rights, and I absolutely loathe natural conception in the species which I happen to be a part of and thus consequently am liable to suffer from. But I rant. And you already know that in me. And did I mention that I hate Catholicism? And the Jewish perpetrators of occupied Palestine? And nearly (thankfully, slightly less than) half the human race never ceases to rile me up endlessly. And did I tell you ... ... etc. etc. posted by Charlotte | 4:47 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||