![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Saturday, August 14, 2004 And now, to explain my lengthier than usual absence this week. Absence, truly, with nary a vowel uttered to indicate my valiant and unwavering dedication to the maintenance of this site. Some would be quick to presume me having finally done myself to death, but the wiser would be quicker to realise I lack the courage and the gall to inflict the final blow of deliverance unto myself and know better that I have been slinking around somewhere, lurking in the shadows once again like cowardly vermin, too ashamed of oneself to live life in the open yet too timid to delve further into the darkness of the unknown. Ahem. As one who would have read my earlier and very much abrupt post would have noticed, my computer once again decided to pre-empt me in the quest to shuffle off this mortal coil and end the heartache and the thousand natural (electric) shocks that flesh (shockwave flash?) is heir to. Similarly needless to state, I have managed to restore it to working condition, at least temporarily, else I should not venture to write anything beyond the most miniscule paragraph, my father in his hot haste quick to fling me, the Jonah of electronics, off his captain's seat. Apparently, the whole of my Windows directory has somehow been deleted. I do not have a clue how such a thing could possibly have happened, the cause unlikely to be a virus (given my relentless scrutiny over electronic media after several less than pleasant episodes) or an electric fault. Perhaps it's just a sign of the computer hanging up the boots and buying the farm, the atrophy, wear and tear, and torrents of abuse it has received from me over the past two years becoming too much to bear. The technician theorises that an age-induced fault in one of the hardware drivers interrupted the booting up of the computer, its sudden shutdown creating a broken loop in the computer's initialising, which was exacerbated into a fault of system-disabling proportions. I find that difficult to believe. Thankfully, my data (apart from the little non-system files contained within the Windows folder) is mostly safe, and I eagerly anticipate a quick restoration of my system with the aid of Norton Ghost so that I can return to my usual routine of angst, crazed yowling, chimpanzee imitations and suicidial tendencies. Because in truth a hastily-passed resolution on the day of national celebration was to spend less time idling over computerised passions and instead renew my commitment to intellectual endeavours, largely through the usage of featured publication. So imagine the irony in waking up to my computer, filled with a steely resolve to pursue the path of right, only to sink in dismay as the computer broke into that familiar yet shattering, unexpected yet not uncommon display. Oh, would that death had taken me in that fitting state. But death takes its time, and, eventually, so did I ... and the computer technician. So what does this mean? Tonight, I take that final, yet so oft trodden step of restoring and reloading my system to its rightful state. If I succeed, I pledge my word, on my unshakeable maiden's honour, to renew my quest of literary pursuit, and to once again rejuvenated and reinvigorate the burning passion of the as-yet unfulfilled author which I am. If I fail ... well, stuff it, I already wrote all of this. It had better not fail. It had better not! posted by Charlotte | 4:43 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||