Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Monday, October 30, 2006  

Today has been an absolutely miserable day. Well, there are so many aspects, and ways, which it could have been miserable that it's laborious just to talk about it. I'll just relate things in chronological order ...

For starters, while rushing to the faculty in the morning (Damn, damn, DAMN the location of this college! Two more damns, deserving only to the two other colleges even further away), I lost one of my talismanic badges on my bag. Before anyone gets worried, I must clarify that it's one of mine, and not one which I had borrowed, although it's one that I do not have a replacement of on hand. Because I didn't expect it to fall out! It had been resting very comfortably on my bag for almost a year already, and while I did move it later, it doesn't make it any weaker ... And another reason why I didn't expect it to fall out was because one of the other badges on my bag had already fallen out, because it was broken, but I heard the sound of it dropping to the floor and picked it up, so I've kept it. And I thought I'd be lucky enough to realise it if anything happened again ...
I did promise to remove all my badges if I lost one ... well, luckily (or bloody unluckily, since I don't want to lose ANY) it's not the one that I promised not to lose. But my bag feels so much more unrepresentative without it ... I must send a message home to request my family send me a replacement. Urgently. My karma declines with every minute without it. And if my little sister is reading this, which she probably isn't because my loquacious conversation is far too abstruse for her, but if she is anyway SEND ME ONE!

Another absolutely crazy thing happened today. The lecture for Historical Argument and Practice, which involves all the first-year history students and happens in a lecture block at the Law Faculty (because the History faculty is too damn small to accommodate all the students of one year at once ...) started right on time today with the lecture room filled to the sides. But ... the lecturer wasn't there! Again, without any explanation, without any apology. And so, come the quarter of the hour, students began filing out again ... it must have been internalised. I tried to stay in with a few other friends just to read our texts, but the custodian drove us out rather unapologetically despite the disappearance of our lecturer. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

Well, as a consequence of the absence of our lecturer, I tramped down to the library to get some studying done. For a good five hours, non-stop except for a short break in the middle to have a snack, and to head to the Law faculty cafeteria area to continue when the library shut for the night. All right, nothing shocking or dismaying, or impressive, about that ... but it drove me absolutely nuts. Wired. And both my pens ran out of ink, the second pen just before the library was about to close. If that isn't a sign from the deity up high ... then it isn't a sign. It's just stupid luck.

If anyone wonders why I haven't mentioned Diplomacy for a while, despite being such an expounder of it in my earlier posts ... well, I've been trashed. Eliminated and dead last. Two weeks in a row. By the two most experienced players of all who ganged up on me. So there's nothing to talk about. Well, maybe that's not true, maybe it's just a coincidence of ideas and opinions that led to my untimely destruction, but ... aw, come on. Charlotte is never a bad loser, well, at least not in Diplomacy, when all's fair in war and temporary love. Charlotte thinks that the reason for seeking an early termination of Charlotte would be because there is something ... threatening ... about her playing ... hmm.

Post about Halloween tomorrow. I want to see what those crazy English people actualy do ...

posted by Charlotte | 11:32 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!