Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Wednesday, October 25, 2006  

Well, more interesting things happened in lectures today ... lectures being the source and cause of all that is good and purposeful in Cambridge, I am compelled to relate my experiences.

For starters, today I attended the first lecture which I wholly did not understand. That's right. I didn't understand what it was about, where it was coming from and where it was going, and not because it was in a foreign language, and not because I wasn't supposed to be attending it. It was on our lecture sheets and it was in English, thank you. I don't want to embarrass anyone (including myself) by mentioning too much, save that it considered "Godliness" and "Ungodliness" in 16-17th century Britain.
What is "Godliness", anyway? Is it a set of beliefs, or a cult or a sect or what? The point was that certain people in society, including people in power, held "Godly" ideals which influenced their actions and their dealings with others, including people who did not agree with or simply offended them who were termed "Ungodly". And by the end of the lecture, I still did not exactly understand who the "Godly" were, which was the entire purpose of the lecture! Either the lecturer was not very clear about just what aspect of "Godliness" he was talking about, or simply that his points were disjointed. I marvelled at the people who were scribbling down lines and lines of notes ... did they actually understand it, or were they copying it down to stare at it and structure the ideas on their own later?

And another awful anomaly befell us today ... everyone showed up for the lecture on time, but ... the lecturer wasn't there! It wasn't until at least 15 minutes into the allocated lecture time that people couldn't be bothered to wait any longer and walked out of the room. It was probably very clear that the lecturer wouldn't be coming ... anyway, I doubt any lecturer would actually dare venture into a filled lecture room knowing they were late. As it turns out, the lecture had been cancelled due to the lecturer's emergency commitments but no, no, us little students weren't informed. Ah. Bah the organisation of the history faculty.

posted by Charlotte | 11:55 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!