Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Friday, October 20, 2006  

Well. I did it. I gave in to temptation.

And now have racked up the biggest receipt I have had since I came here, costing approximately, say, 1/16 of my remaining money? So that means I'm poor, I don't have much left! Don't rob me! I'm only a little student! I've got nothing to offer except ... not that either!

But I'd say it was worth it. Among other things which I really wanted to buy since I came here, but never did, include 1kg of turkey at the ridiculous price of ... 6 pound!!! Meaning that it's cheaper here than in Singapore! Granted, I don't yet know the quality of what I just bought or how long it can keep in practice, but the fact remains that it's cheaper here! The only reason why I haven't bought any of it so far is because, well, because as I said I'm only a poor little student with no bank account and no income and now not enough cash to survive Michaelmas term.

I got a pair of black shoes for 15 quid (quid=queen's head?), nothing particularly spectacular except now I can go for formals and wear some proper black court shoes. But then again, formals cost money, and besides, I'm not the kind to have a big interest in formals anyway (since the sole purposes of formals are to splurge and get drunk and socialise ... while drunk). But I eventually gave in to temptation again to not exclude myself from something like that, even though I'll probably never actually go. Weird logic, yes, but we all know that's what Charlotte specialises in.

What's probably my most pretty, and probably most unexpected acquisition since coming here was buying a matching bathrobe and bath mat for just over 20 pound. Well, the bathrobe and bath mat weren't designed to be matched, but they only had those of that colour, among some other nastier colours, out of the size and design that I wanted. But it turned out to be a coup in disguise, because the bathrobe and bath mat both (being the same colour ...) match exactly the colour of the walls in my room and toilet, so, yes, I confess to spending over 10 minutes just looking into the big bathroom mirror and sighing wistfully (of course, I spend more time gazing into the bathroom mirror on a regular basis, but I'm usually doing something productive ...). And placing the bath mat at the entrance to the bathroom where the colours match simply looks so charming and welcoming, I feel so at home ...

*spends another few minutes staring into space and sighing pleasantly*

Though, speaking of home, I don't know how I'm going to ship all of my purchases so far back to Singapore in summer. I'm especially worried about big and bulky things like all the kitchen utensils I've bought, and the duvet, and the washing-up things and now bath things. Plus my parents would probably wallop me over what I've been spending money on ... granted, a lot of these prices were ripoffs that you could probably get for a fraction of their price in Singapore, but that required a degree of foresight which my family didn't have, and I did go for bottom prices in England. And there are some things, like the bathrobe and the duvet, which you simply can't find easily in Singapore. Yes, but how will they get back to Singapore eventually? Even worse, if my college decides to evict me during the holidays (which are coming up in, say, just over a month's time? Terms are so short here!) where would I bring all these things ... and how? Bah.

But now I feel so soft and cosy and warm. No more shivering out of the bath, all wet and having to face the encroaching winter. No more squelching in my lovely socks with wet feet. No more more vegetarian diets! I want release! I want freedom! I want ...

Sigh. I want more money.

posted by Charlotte | 11:58 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!