![]() Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard. Where anything goes. -//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7 |
|
Monday, November 20, 2006 It may sound strange, but I'm absolutely thrilled at being assigned a new essay on top of my existing weekly one. Excited because it's from my director of studies, with instructions to do some work simulating exam conditions and to bring it for a supervision to be held next week. Because I really want to test my exam skills? Not really, not that I don't, but not right now anyway. But it's because my director of studies is actually remembering that I'm there, and inviting me for a supervision which will definitely be one-to-one, since I'm the only sodden first year student in this place. I'm sure one hour out of eight weeks of term isn't much of a sacrifice, but it's a start that he's taking some time to pay attention to me. Apparently, they wear a lot of hats at one time in this place, and everytime I see him he always looks hassled or buried under mounds of paperwork. Academia isn't all brains and glory, you know, Charlotte. Someone has to do the hard work around here. And they get the professors to do the work around here because they can't afford someone else to do it for them ... Well, today I sat through a completely new experience in the lecture theatre. At the Historical Argument and Practice lectures with practically most of the first year's cohort, we received a new, innovative and definitely entertaining presentation from a lecturer who hasn't given us any lectures before. When I see him prancing about animatedly, scribbling all kinds of things on the board for reference, and querying the audience in a cheery, lifting voice that one simply must answer to, I don't feel that I'm in a dry history lecture any more. Well, I don't think history is that dry a subject, because if it was I wouldn't do it, but the way he presented, he made everything else seem dry. He seems so much like the stereotypical mad scientist's presentation, except one expounding on history instead of chemistry or physics. With a hint of a German accent, and with his hair tinted blonde (naturally brown-black), shoulder-length and in a half-centre parting, attractively unshaven, he's also a real suave personality. Not only that, he gives fantastic notes, with an outline, reams upon reams of useful quotations, and a long bibliography. Best of all, he's also scheduled to give the lecture next week. Absolutely wicked. I wouldn't mind being his lecture student any time! Suddenly, all my ideas of what makes an ideal lecture/lecturer gets turned on their head. Some things, if done in the right manner, and with poise and style ... hmm. Diplomacy was off today. And it wasn't because of the gunboats. Ah, I needed a rest to study anyway. posted by Charlotte | 11:57 pm
Comments:
Post a Comment
Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ... ~//n_n\\7 |
|
|||||
|
|
||||||