Chaotic Disintegrate
Chaotic Disintegrate
Where chaos stops and more chaos ensues. Where Filia plays the electric keyboard.
Where anything goes.

-//o_O\\7 *Home of the Awful, Mediocre and Pathetic* -//u_u\\7


Sunday, March 11, 2007  

Hm, well, I haven't said anything interesting about my last week's encounter with Warhammer Fantasy. Well, it was very nerve-wracking, to say the least ... at least in Diplomacy, your past performance doesn't affect your future game, unless you annoy a potential competitor extremely badly in the past game ... though it does affect your total score, and my score so far is currently the pits. Anyway, about WFRP ...

So the party had separated from the army and slaughtered a mob of beastmen, yours truly (Snagnk the Kislevian Initiate of Ranald, in case one forgets) dealing the killing blow, or rather bowshot, on the boss beastman and quite a number of underlings, too. And that with a elf hunter in the party ... heh. Anyway, we'd sold the stuff previously belonging to the beastmen, and their victims, for quite a huge wad of cash, and bought ourselves new equipment, and a wagon with horses. And meanwhile, we've heard that the noble party that was ambushed belonged to a certain guy from Brettonia who was invited to assume the lordship of a distant princedom in the lands of the Border Princes ...

So we headed south, much talking, much fighting, much tippling and whoring especially from the more rowdy members of the group. At their own expense, of course. The specialty of my character is ... um ... miserly behaviour. He's very good with money, but only insofar as keeping it is concerned. He's absolutely rubbish (in the sense, completely disinterested) in spending it, so we've left that up to the soldier of the party who is, presumably, very resourceful with ... resources, thanks to his military training. He's taken it upon himself to record all of the party's possessions such as rations, and even set up a party fund to help ease accounting. Snagnk was rather reluctant in handing over to the party fund, but after much cajoling (read being threatened by fellow much tougher part members) he did so anyway.

Anyway, a new character's joined our team, a halfling cook. That's right. In the WFRP canon, the humans do most of the running around and talking, dwarves do fighting, elves do shooting ... and halflings do comic relief. So thus the train of inspiration is very visible. Apparently, his strengths are pickpocketing and haggling, so in that sense he's a better thief than me. I was feeling pretty miffed, but I welcome a addition to the party that makes it racially inclusive. And this week, I felt better about it, for reasons I'll explain later.

And from then on, we got into a huge fight with lots of goblins and squiks. Well, squiks are, in the words of a well-informed party member, "vicious green space hoppers, with the intelligence of one". Whether "one" refers to the intelligence of a space hopper, or the intelligence stat "1", is pretty much equivalent anyway. Anyway, while they're insanely vicious, the goblins can somehow ride them. But not tame them ... they tend to lose control, and then the squik starts bouncing in random directions (roll dice) eating anything in its path, including its former rider. In the fight, almost everyone was reduced to either 1 or 2 health, a horse was killed, and yes, our dear halfling cook was knocked into critical damage and was hit with a leg wound which would last a week. The worst part of it? No treasure of note, for all our sacrifice!

Well, this week, not as much nail-biting action, though we did face a fight just the day after that next battle. In the meantime, my character picked up a fantastic reputation for passing heal checks ... on a requirement of 37/100, he succeeded on more than 50% of them throughout the day's game, including those critical ones needed just after our deadly battle, and I've hereby dubbed him "Cleric" of the team. Yes, every party in D&D always needs a cleric (even by obligation), though I'd really want to join a game without a cleric ... anyway, since we're all familiar with that stereotype, it fit the role perfectly! Ahaha.

So now, before progressing to our target of Zamora, where I'm supposed to impersonate this Brettonian noble (I bought a raise in Fellowship for this purpose, since I don't seem to use the skill much otherwise), we're still making our way there. And we've just wasted an animated tree that grabs adventurers, then secretes acid on them to turn them into fertiliser. How to get rid of it? Pyromania =D! All right, hope for good things, and hope I can come up with a convincing way to RP my character next week. And, of course, succeed those fellowship rolls on a check of 41/100.

Now, back to those two timed essays, one of which I was supposed to have finished last week. More on that later.

posted by Charlotte | 11:48 pm
Comments: Post a Comment

Disclaimer : The Slayers and Filia Ul Copt and all images thereof are the property of Hajime Kanzaka and Rui Araizumi. I don't own any of them, although if I had a choice I would want Filia ...
~//n_n\\7
The Gold Sun
Links
The Forbidding Lands
NationStates
Avernon
Archives
Nightwings Federation
Read the Story!
Elf Woods
Comment



All praise Charlotte!
Hail! Hail!